.........In Waiting ..............


Onto these barren lands I will ever remain
There you will find me waiting once again
For with shield and sword came my reward
Rather would I long to be a heart restored

But I held what I could no longer return to
Through eyes fading to once more see you
As blood soiled the land now I become a part
But there remain hidden deep within my heart

There find what I am in being as what you see
As among these cracks there lays a part of me
Waiting for the rains to stop by sunlight kissed
Then once more cradled by love ever missed

Again to stand beneath a sky as once we had been  
And once more relive in your beauty that lives within
Where touch comes soft as hands caress once again
For my heart remembered for death never eased the pain

There find me waiting ...........

© Edge/2019





Comments